Tropical Fish Tank - free to a good home!

nothing to do with derby
Forum rules
BRD Public Forum
Nothing to do with derby
Olivia Neutron Bomb
Youngling
Youngling
Skater Number: 14MeV
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Olivia Neutron Bomb » 19 Aug 2012, 18:51

Hi ladies and gents,

As you may have heard on the grapevine, I am shortly (Sept 12th!) moving to Australia. Sadly this means I am looking for a home for my tropical fish. I have a community tank which is settled and pretty self sufficient (I do a partial water change about every 4 -6 wks), and the guppies and platys are breeding well. It also contains a red tailed shark, a pleco (sucker fish!), and 3 shrimps. Generally pretty low maintenance.

I will be happy to set up the tank in its new home and offer general fish-keeping advice if someone new to aquaria is interested in having the tank. The fish are of course available without the tank if anyone wishes to restock what they currently have. The tank itself is 60 x 30 x 33cm (approx 60L).

I've moved house (with no casualties) with the tank before, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I will be happy to deliver it to anyone interested (and have polystyrene boxes etc to transport everything in).

Please let me know if you're interested, or know of anyone who might be.

Tron xxx

E-Z Roller
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 24k
Team: Daughters of Anarchy and A-team

Postby E-Z Roller » 19 Aug 2012, 19:36

Ooo I might be, but I've not had them before. I'd have to check with ben if I'm allowed more animals ;-)

E-Z Roller
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 24k
Team: Daughters of Anarchy and A-team

Postby E-Z Roller » 19 Aug 2012, 19:39

Er ben said no...

Black Thorn
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 999
Team: BRD A & DOA

Re: Tropical Fish Tank - free to a good home!

Postby Black Thorn » 19 Aug 2012, 20:39

Kai's dad has been considering getting a tank for a while (he always used to keep tropical fish and has been missing it), so if it is still available he would be delighted to take it off your hands :) .

I am about to go on holiday for a week, but can get in touch when I am back to organise? Happy to pick it up.

chaos theory
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: 29

Postby chaos theory » 19 Aug 2012, 23:27

If Black Thorn doesn't end up taking it, I'd love it! We used to have a tank but had to get rid of it and I've been thinking of getting a new one for a while. :-)

Olivia Neutron Bomb
Youngling
Youngling
Skater Number: 14MeV
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Olivia Neutron Bomb » 21 Aug 2012, 18:51

Cool - Thorn 1st in the queue but Chaos second. Thorn def give me a call test when you get back and we can make a plan. Chaos if any changes will let you know.

Happy they will go to a nice home!

Thanks guys!

PS Chaos if you wanted to set up an new tank I am sure we could split the guppy and platy populations up to stop them getting mega inbred! Let me know x

simon1026
Youngling
Youngling

Postby simon1026 » 01 Nov 2013, 23:40

hi, Simon1026 here .Just read your post about finding home for iropical fish. Just setting up community tank allready started to stock the tank. Plenty of room as it is 6ftl-2fth-18inchw. If you want ill give you my number and we can chat and sort pick up/delivery

Return to “Off topic”