Raven Lunatic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 85
Team: A Team

I 'wheelie' need help!

Postby Raven Lunatic » 04 Sep 2013, 22:27

Hi all,

Am looking for some wheel advice. I'm going to treat myself to some new wheels as a celebration for passing minimum skills (yeah) but am totally confused about what set up would be best.

I know I need some harder wheels as currently skating on 88a - I'm 6ft and 11st5 so this isn't ideal on the WW surface. I was looking at atom juke 95a, but should I get a pack of 4 and mix them with my current wheels or go for 2 packs all the same?

I did try Ruby's atom juke 92 before she left but think I need harder. Has anyone got any 95s or similar I could try before I buy?

Thanks for any advice.

Raven :?

Wolverine Bruise
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 93
Team: Vice Quad & Team Zebra

Re: I 'wheelie' need help!

Postby Wolverine Bruise » 05 Sep 2013, 01:20

Hmmm, I'm pretty much the same size as you and I'm mixing 94s and 96s and really wouldn't want to go any softer at Withywood.

Mixing 88s and 95s seems like quite a large difference though?

Of course, this is all a matter of personal preference.

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Postby da silva surfer » 05 Sep 2013, 09:29

Hey Raven,

If you looking to get jukes they are a smaller height than most wheels at 59mm so you'll only be able to combine them with ones of the same height. There is this Wheel-a-ma-jig thing that can help you find which wheels are thee same height:

http://firewally.net/wheels

You can mix hardnesses, when I do I prefer to stick more or less close in numbers (like 88-93/91-95), Lee posted this page a while ago which helps with how to mix wheels for what you need:

http://www.rollersandrevellers.com/roll ... ls/pushers

I currently skate on 95 radar bullets and have other duros, but I think they might be softer than some jukes to be fair. Your welcome to try them though x

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Postby da silva surfer » 05 Sep 2013, 09:57

And here is another recent thread with links to lots of info :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3846

There is a ton of info and it can be overwhelming, the best thing really is to try different wheels and find what works for you x

Raven Lunatic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 85
Team: A Team

Postby Raven Lunatic » 05 Sep 2013, 21:04

Thanks For the advice guys. Having gone through the past posts the advice seems to be to try some wheels. So if you have any 95 to 97s that I could try, Silva, that'll be great! :D

Return to “Wheels”