Tell me about your plates?

Everything you need to know about skates and their components.
Forum rules
BRD Public Forum
Everything you need to know about skates and their components.
da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Re: Tell me about your plates?

Postby da silva surfer » 20 Mar 2015, 12:43

I skate on 15 degree Revenge plates.

I love my plates they were a revelation after skating on nylon plates, I could suddenly do things and feel in control of my feet. I have played alot with cushions and trucks to get them more responsive and improve carving. I would like to be better at quick stops and direction changes like Blizz, but I don't think its down to my plate as I have seen people skating on my plate or similar that can do this no problem. I think its down to me training as a blocker mostly and never spending time training the quick speed changes that jammers have to do. It took me 3 years to even try a hockey stop so adventurous I am not and I don't think any plate would make me more so as its all in my mind (sorry Blizz ;) I do want to grow up and be like you at skating).

Delta Strike
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 4X

Postby Delta Strike » 20 Mar 2015, 12:55

Tilly Latimer wrote:Delta I spent ages one free skate session loosening the trucks one click at a time until I found the right point on mine for me, I totally recommend doing that, though it was pretty tedious!

Yeah I've messed with the trucks of many of my other plates before, (I've skated on four different ones) its just I've not had time to on the new ones yet

Rip Tease
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 18+
Team: DOA & Bristol Bees

Postby Rip Tease » 20 Mar 2015, 15:19

I'm on Avengers too and I think I'm still in the phase (described by you guys above) where I love what they have done for my skating. I really do attribute them to me ascending from my plateau and becoming a more agile, useful skater. For now I'm more than happy with them but I'll definitely be hitting you up if/when that changes :)

Return to “Skates & Plates”