BRD Public Forum
Notices
Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Chick Dastardly » 07 Mar 2011, 10:59

Please excuse any forum hinky-weirdness over the next week or two (evenings/night), as I'll be working on getting it upgraded to a different platform (hopefully a more robust one, *definitely* one with more features!)

If you do encounter any bugs do still post them in this Tech Support section, as they may be nothing to do with me messing about, but just thought I best warn you all.

MODS - keep a few hours free in a fortnight or so (I'll give you a more accurate time for this when I can see the end in sight) as I'll be needing you to test stuff out for me

WARNING - you will ALL need to reset your passwords on the new forum as I won't be able to port over old passwords

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Postby Adele Linquent » 07 Mar 2011, 11:24

Will you be able to transfer all the posts, threads and PMs across? Or should we start saving the stuff that is really important (I'm thinking about tactics and strategy especially and contacts and other pratical figures and details)

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

Postby Chick Dastardly » 07 Mar 2011, 11:31

I'm hoping that threads and posts will be able to be moved across, I see this as very important to do so I will do my best! Obviously the *most* important thing is to get a better forum, but I would see it as a bit of a failure if I couldn't get all the old posts in the new one

PMs will NOT be moved across - you should definitely save any important information from your PM inboxes

A bit more information is here in the geek meeting notes thread

Nothing will be completely lost as I will have a back up of the current forum, and so if we need anything desperately me or Blizz can always go and have a look through the backed up stuff. But this doesn't cover PMs as they're private to you - so do save any PM stuff!

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

Postby Chick Dastardly » 07 Mar 2011, 11:32

If I do have any problems getting threads/posts across I will warn about that nearer the time, don't worry about saving stuff just yet as I will keep people updated on that score

Return to “Notices”