BRD Public Forum
Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
E-Z Roller
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 24k
Team: Daughters of Anarchy and A-team

Postby E-Z Roller » 03 Apr 2011, 20:21

Hey! Can order a hoody with logo please!

E-Z Roller 24k

kelly green

black ink

yes to name & number on back please.

Chloe Fatale
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: 27
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Chloe Fatale » 03 Apr 2011, 22:04

Hoody with a logo please.

Chloe Fatale 27

Asphalt

White Ink

Medium

Yes to name and number on the back please.

Am I able to order one just with the logo for my sister please? She loves Roller Derby since she came to our graduation bout and would love a hoody for her birthday. Do they do XXL cos she'd like it baggy.

If yes, then XXL, black please!

sim1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 10
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby sim1 » 04 Apr 2011, 13:30

Not sure how far along the printing has gone, but one of the new freah meat ladies (christine) is an art student and has access to a screen print and she has offered to do this for free as long as we provide the hoddies??

:)

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Postby Adele Linquent » 04 Apr 2011, 14:50

Really? Is this a serious proposition or one of them "I'll offer, but then I'm actually too busy to do it now that I have the 50 hoodies with me"?

If she can, it'd be great!!! What about the cost of the ink, the screen, etc? Can we keep the screens when she's done with this batch or are they going to be destroyed, since the frame belongs to a school?

The printing process will not move an inch for as long as I'm on holiday which is until 2nd May, by the way.

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Chick Dastardly » 04 Apr 2011, 14:55

especially with all the different names and numbers on the back - it's a big job!

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Postby Adele Linquent » 04 Apr 2011, 15:50

She wouldn't do the name and numbers because those are vinyl pressed.

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)

Postby Chick Dastardly » 04 Apr 2011, 15:56

ah right :)

Winged Nut
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 19
Team: The Bees, Project Mayhem

Postby Winged Nut » 04 Apr 2011, 16:49

Please could I have

Winged Nut 19

Asphalt

White ink

Size Large

La Bicha
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 62
Team: Smash Vandals!! The greytest team!

Postby La Bicha » 04 Apr 2011, 23:04

I could give her a hand printing. I keep buying books on the craft but I've never had the balls to do it. I'd gladly help & learn, if that was appropriate or necessary.

:)

sim1
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 10
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby sim1 » 05 Apr 2011, 11:51

She was totally serious, but ill ask her all your questions on Sunday, and let you know... :)

christine
Youngling
Youngling

Postby christine » 05 Apr 2011, 14:43

HI, Christine the art student here (trying to change name to Aimes Fires on forum). Just spoken to printing manager at college who said i could do the screen prints on the hoodies. I need to talk to him after Easter break and tell him how many etc, but if would def do this for us, i just couldn't do it all in one day as i need to book the screen printer, obviously there are loads of students wanting to book it too!

Tuff'n Rumble
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: T-850

Postby Tuff'n Rumble » 05 Apr 2011, 15:08

Haha I did the first lot of BRD tees when I was studying at Queens Rd!

Not that I want to put you off/ take away a cheap printing opportunity from the league, but be if you're hand screen printing these, just be warned it was pretty tricky and very time-consuming! I dont remember exactly how many tees I printing (30 maybe?) but it wasnt like the screen prints I'd done in class! Also you have the added pressure of knowing they each need to be perfect or near perfect, as they're not just for your project/personal use. 50 (if thats a realisitic estimate??) is a LOT to do with one or two people. I reckon 10-15 each is an afternoon's work (although always takes longer than you think!). You'd need a production line though, or multiple screens.

If you read this ^ and think fine, go for it! :) It will blatantly be less hassle this time round, esp with helpers. Also if everyone is happy with slightly idiosyncratic hoodies (I'm sure you all will be ;)) - awesome - and of course many hands = light work! :D

Sorry everyone, just felt I should share!! Also if I can I'd be happy to help if you do end up doing this :)

Tuff :) x

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Postby Adele Linquent » 05 Apr 2011, 17:11

Useful insider's info, Tuff.

Fires, if you're still up for it, please could you answer my questions above please?

I couldn't stress enough that you shouldn't feel under pressure to do it just because you once offered. I'd rather you say no, than be all stressed out and your life being hell and me feeling very guilty, he he! You have a whole month to see for yourself on this thread how many requests are going and decide whether you want to do it or not. Whatever you decide, thank you very much for offering.

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Postby the Blizzard » 06 Apr 2011, 11:46

Note - all are to have BRD logo but some are having unique names/numbers too which would require a new screen each?

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Postby Adele Linquent » 06 Apr 2011, 14:05

No, as I said to Chick above, the names and numbers are vinyl pressed. So it'd be done at Uno One as usual, providing the conditions are right.

Someone asking for a colour that is different from the majority would have screen clean cost on top. To split if more than one person per colour. The clean is about £5 off the top of my head. Then name and number are £5 too. Do your maths please and amend your order if necessary.

Return to “Skates & Gear”