BRD Public Forum
Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Fiery Temper
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: F1
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Fiery Temper » 25 Mar 2011, 18:11

I am about to get some but need some advice on the sizing. I am size 6 so US 7 but want to see what people think on the sizing. Is normal shoe size ok or should I go down?

Even better, has anyone got a pair of Riedells preferably a pair of Vandals or She devils in this size or therabouts I could try on for size please?

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Chick Dastardly » 25 Mar 2011, 18:19

yep i have riedell size 7 (so UK 6) you're welcome to try on. I'll be a fresh meat a week on sunday or if you're around st werbs at any point you're welcome to pop round and try them on - i have hard flooring so good for testing skates :)

they're r3s though

have found that r3s (and so maybe other riedell boots) are good for narrow feet, sure grips are good if you've got slightly wider feet. That seems to be the feedback I've had anyway

Mr Incredibrawl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 183
Team: Team Zebra and Vice Quad

Postby Mr Incredibrawl » 25 Mar 2011, 18:25

There are sizing charts around on some websites (I think there's one somewhere around here). I checked my size on Sin City Skates (.com) and the skates came up slightly big compared to the chart. However, I have seen on one or two websites that Riedell skates are made differently depending on which model you get.

The bestest way to make sure they fit is to follow Chick's advice and try some on. Sorry for the waffle!

Goldie Lookin Pain
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 99p

Postby Goldie Lookin Pain » 25 Mar 2011, 18:26

fiery, i have size 5 feet, i originally had the r3's which i found very true to size and they fitted me perfect. I then upgraded to the vandals and bought size uk 5 again, now theyre worn it they are a bit big on me, i think i need 4 1/2 maybe uk size? your welcome to try my size 5 vandals to see if they fit! :) x

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Chick Dastardly » 25 Mar 2011, 18:45

perhaps the vandals boots are made out of a material which gives a bit more when they're broken in? dunnooooo

I do think that the insoles on the r3s are a bit poo, but i think i'm just going to buy some sports insoles to put in them, dunno if that'll then make them feel a bit small. But that's a bit off topic really

Lil
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 22
Team: Zebra

Postby Lil » 25 Mar 2011, 18:48

I have Vandals. I tried in my size before I bought and they felt quite roomy so I went down a size. ouch! For the first couple of weeks they really felt super tight and I got a bruise on my big toenail from where they were pressing. BUT now I have broken them in, the leather has stretched and they are a really great fit.

Acid Drop
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Team: Team Zebra!

Postby Acid Drop » 25 Mar 2011, 19:24

Hi Fiery - I have She Devils in a size 8 so will be too big for you but you can have a look at the boot/ plate/ wheels etc. I'm pleased with them although they are heavy as the plate is aluminium. In the future I may upgrade the plate. They lace all the way down to the toes so it is easy to adjust to your feet. They do need breaking in however, and at the moment they are killing my feet, but I'm hoping that this is only temporary.

Anywoo, you are welcome to have a look x

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Postby the Blizzard » 26 Mar 2011, 10:06

Web has size charts, like these ones:

http://www.lowpriceskates.com/riedell-sizing-guide.aspx

http://www.usaskates.com/riedellsizingchart.html

Measure your foot while standing against a wall. Measure from the wall to the tip. Remember Riedell sizes are Mens US.

Get a small rather than too big size! You want them to fit really snug - after they've broken in. They will break in - my She Devils that I got at Xmas are fine now, getting really soft actually.

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Postby the Blizzard » 26 Mar 2011, 10:08

PS I'm UK 5 but would go for US 5 for skates :-) My She Devils are UK 4 1/2 but could still be that 1/2 size smaller (even I was certain that wouldn't be the case).

You could try US 6 Fiery.

tattooed-terror
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 13
Team: 9 month injury

Postby tattooed-terror » 26 Mar 2011, 16:27

I'm a 4 & a half.. and My Riedell She Devils are size 4. They soon stretched ;)

Terror x x

Fiery Temper
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: F1

Postby Fiery Temper » 27 Mar 2011, 09:09

Thank you, this is just the feedback I was hoping for. I will try those size charts though it for, though it does sound like the different models come up.slightly different sizes. It seems it is worth going smaller and breaking them in.

@ chick, yes please it would be good to try them on please. Bit hectic this week so next Sunday may be best unless I can get to you.

Just need to figure out which skates to get now.

I have very narrow heels so it sounds like either are good.

@ Lillibit, do you get a.half size. down or whole size?

@chemical Annie, aldid you get a boot smaller than your usual size?

Blizzard and Terror, if you guys are on she devils and look super strong and fast on them, makes me think they are a good choice!

x

tattooed-terror
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 13
Team: 9 month injury

Postby tattooed-terror » 27 Mar 2011, 09:12

They are so awesome.. I love them so much :) (shame I'll be off them for a while... boooo! for broken bones!)

Terror x x

Acid Drop
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Team: Team Zebra!

Postby Acid Drop » 27 Mar 2011, 16:13

Hi Fiery - I got them the same size as my shoes, and at the moment they are fine. I'm wearing the laces quite loose so as they break in they should tighten up ok.

Lil
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 22
Team: Zebra

Postby Lil » 27 Mar 2011, 16:24

I went a whole size down, I didn't have the option of half sizes!

Tequila Jammer
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 55abv

Postby Tequila Jammer » 27 Mar 2011, 20:34

Hey team mate, i've got a US size 6.5 (so uk 5.5) pair of Riedell 965 boots, i am a true UK 6, they fit like they were made for my feet although at first my toes went a bit numb, your welcome to try them on. xx

Return to “Skates & Gear”