Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Sports shop discounts before closing down

Postby Adele Linquent » 11 Jan 2012, 18:12

Hi,

There is a sports shop on Stapleton Road that I popped in the other day to buy a skipping rope. The owner is closing down and he does half-price discounts (or near enough) on everything he's got. It's called Venom sports and it's between Newton Street and Milsom Street, opposite Easton swimming pool.
He seems to have a bit of everything. He's got mouth guards (he seems to have a great deal of gear for Boxing and he himself plays Badminton and something else rather), he's got a set of outdoors quad wheels, some hard-cap knee pads and loads of coaching equipment like cones, bibs, stop-watches, and so on. He probably has also lots of fitness equipment for those who want to do the extra work-out at home. I didn't browse the whole shop in detail.

If you're interested, pop in shortly as he will lock the doors forever within the next few weeks.

:)

Goldie Lookin Pain
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 99p
Team: Smash Vandals

Re: Sports shop discounts before closing down

Postby Goldie Lookin Pain » 11 Jan 2012, 22:53

i popped in there on saturday after a class at the leisure centre. Just to advise i personally found it quite expensive so therefore didn't purchase anything.

Unfortunately you can get it all a lot cheaper on ebay/amazon or in big chains like sports direct or argos.

Sorry to be a negative, if you want to support local business tho then great! x

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Re: Sports shop discounts before closing down

Postby Adele Linquent » 11 Jan 2012, 23:12

Well, that'll shut me up then. :lol:

I found it expensive too before the discount, but the discount made it competitive on the items I asked about. Also he prides himself for having better quality than Sports Direct.
For doing all my Christmas shopping online and having to return by post 1/2 of my Christmas gifts (with the nightmare of multiple emailing, keeping track of the status of the returns and still waiting for the refunds to this date...), I wanted some real-life transactions! :)

Return to “Skates & Gear”