BRD Public Forum
Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Postby Adele Linquent » 04 Oct 2010, 21:49

For information, the padded shorts our friend James from Skate Bristol can get are these ones. He sells them for £30. (rather bulky...)

Wonton Destruction
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 8
Team: Alpha Beta Slammers

Postby Wonton Destruction » 04 Oct 2010, 21:57

Just because I find this hilarious... http://www.buybootypop.com/

Enjoy!

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Postby Adele Linquent » 04 Oct 2010, 22:36

Mwah ha ha ha! (and what happens if she's this successful that she ends up having to take them off? Tee hee...)

I bet Berserker's got loads of them in her shop. I wish I wasn't working when she is, I'd love to pay her a little visit with the other Harlots!

Puck Off
Youngling
Youngling

Postby Puck Off » 19 Oct 2010, 14:36

Well after last sundays session I'm understanding why some people are looking for padded shorts.

Don't know if it'll be much help, but I've used this site to get hockey gear for years:

http://demonxtreme.com/

In the hockey section they have girdles for inline hockey (http://demonxtreme.com/section.php?xSec=26&xPage=1) which have a coccyx cap, but may be a bit big for Derby.

They also got padded shorts (http://demonxtreme.com/product.php?xProd=1712&xSec=719) which might do the job of rear end protection quite well. Anyway...maybe you'll find it useful. There is also got a load of quad stuff in the rec skate section (...wheels, bearings etc. (http://demonxtreme.com/section.php?xSec=92)

Lil
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 22
Team: Zebra

Postby Lil » 19 Oct 2010, 18:13

Girdles... sexxay. Though my coccyx still hurts from last Tuesday with the Brawlers, I just can't bring myself to get padded shorts...

Liv Fast
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 17
Team: Daughters of Anarchy and Harbour Harlots

Postby Liv Fast » 23 Oct 2010, 17:16

those booty pop pants are so funny!! They do just sort of look like you're wearing, well, padded knickers, though.

I've avoided getting padded shorts, even though I fall on my arse *constantly*, just because I don't want to lose the dis-incentive for falling on my arse. Hasn't seemed to work, though. Someday I'll learn.

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Postby Adele Linquent » 09 Jan 2011, 21:53

Following people asking me where I got my padded shorts from, here it is:

http://www.ldmountaincentre.com/product.aspx?id=5522&categoryid=828

Padded shorts are not all that cheap, but tail-bone and knees are having it hard with Derby. I'm happy to spend a bit more on those two areas, meeself...

EDIT: by the way, mine is a size S and you're welcome to try them on (before practise, don't you worry), although this particular shop doesn't stock S any more...

tattooed-terror
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 13
Team: 9 month injury

Postby tattooed-terror » 10 Jan 2011, 09:35

I have ordered some from James at skate Bristol, will let you know how I get on!

Terror x x

Mortabella Bam
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 667
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Mortabella Bam » 10 Jan 2011, 15:44

ace - i'd quite like to try on your shorts if that's ok ladies as i fall on my arse quite a lot :)

Power Kraut
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 11
Team: ADHD, Harbour Harlots B

Postby Power Kraut » 24 Mar 2011, 21:13

Everglides now sell these special Derby shorts with tailbone and hip protection. They look really good, 60 quid though.

http://www.everglides.co.uk/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=1134

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Crash shorts - recommendations?

Postby the Blizzard » 09 Feb 2012, 13:02

I need to buy a pair as I'm planning to hit the skatepark! My lower hip/upper thigh keep smashing to the floor and bruising badly. I'll probably start falling on my bun again too when I get my new fw mounted skates. Having wide hip but narrow waist causes trouble when I shop for trousers. So, what do you recommend?

Something not too ugly or massively padded, I wish.

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)

Re: Crash shorts - recommendations?

Postby Chick Dastardly » 09 Feb 2012, 13:08

Eve / Del's look good, am thinking of getting some myself - Del got them from US tho

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Re: Crash shorts - recommendations?

Postby the Blizzard » 09 Feb 2012, 13:12

I just found an old topic... will merge this one to that! (DONE)

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)

Re: Padded shorts

Postby Chick Dastardly » 09 Feb 2012, 13:22

Here are some women's snowboarding padded shorts that seem to offer the padding you're after (some don't have thigh padding, others are humungous) - but they are PRICEY!!!

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Padded shorts

Postby Adele Linquent » 09 Feb 2012, 13:39

I have two pairs, but as I said on the other thread, I've only just got my second pair, so can't give an opinion.
I have this one and that one.
The second one is the one I'm planning to wear at bouts because less bulky (yes, I'm this vain :mrgreen: ).
The first one is the one that I've been wearing at every practice and every bout for the last ...6 months or something. So if you've seen me at practice (which you have :mrgreen: ), that's how bulky they are, as in: did you even notice them much?
They are very effective, indeed. I can't remember a single fall that hurt. No, actually I can remember one, which did hurt on the spot (it was flat on one of my cheeks), but it didn't hurt shortly after. Never hurt my coccyx at all.
Now, it's a bit of an impossible question to answer: did I never fall on my butt very hard, therefore can't know if it's effective or I can't remember if it's effective, because it is effective, so I didn't even notice.
I think the latter.

Return to “Skates & Gear”