What should I do about my second set of wheels?

Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Forum rules
BRD Public Forum
Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Hattie Flattener
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 111
Team: Smash Vandals and Harbour Harlots B Team

What should I do about my second set of wheels?

Postby Hattie Flattener » 24 Jun 2012, 11:26

I just bought 8 stinger slims online but they only have 4 in stock, and offered to send me 4 alternatives or wait a week for the other 4 stingers to come in... I wanted to get used to them before the bout on 7th, should I jump at getting 4 mystery ones (presumably also slim 88a's! imagine if they sent me a mixture of 4 different sized and hardness wheels!) or should I wait for the full set of 8? It's taken me 6 months to decide what to get as I dont know anything about wheels. I am impatient and confused! :S I imagine they'll take 4 days to arrive, so if i wait and they arrived mid week next week I'd only have maybe one training session to try them, if they arrived by wednesday. hmm. Akso, what do people recommend as a compatible alternative?

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Re: What should I do about my second set of wheels?

Postby da silva surfer » 24 Jun 2012, 11:49

What do you skate in now Hattie and how do you feel on them?

I skate on either omegas/stingers (93/88) at withywood and stingers/poisons (88/84) when we play away as normally floors have less grip. I could lend you 4 stingers for a bit (they are getting a bid bald though so maybe wouldn't be great..)

What you should make sure of if you are mixing wheels is that they are all the same size and the durometers aren't to far apart, so in your case you want wheels that are
62mm/38mm/88A and go either up or down or the same on the durometer depending if you want them faster or grippier. I think that sticking to one brand on your feet is also good policy but that may just be me :)

x

silva

Hattie Flattener
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hattie Flattener » 24 Jun 2012, 12:42

Thanks Silva, I'm currently on sure grip 92a's and they're too slippy for me. I'm looking for stability more than speed, maybe poisons slims would be a good mix for me too! If I end up without a second set of anything by 7th could I borrow ur set of stingers for the bout? Xxx

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Postby da silva surfer » 24 Jun 2012, 12:55

Yep sure, I wont be needing them then anyway.

Just a heads up I do find the poisons really sluggish at ww, they are great for slippy floors though :) x

Goldie Lookin Pain
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 99p
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Goldie Lookin Pain » 24 Jun 2012, 20:35

hattie i have 4 stinger slims you can have free. they are a bit worn but totally fine and plenty of life left in them, they are the beige ones. will save you some dosh.

I am not at training all this week but i work in town so can give you them at any point then on lunch. xx

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Postby Adele Linquent » 24 Jun 2012, 21:51

Erm, Goldie, have you got other wheels you're giving away for free, like that :mrgreen: ?

Lil
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 22
Team: Zebra

Postby Lil » 25 Jun 2012, 00:12

Shotgun ;-)

Hattie Flattener
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hattie Flattener » 25 Jun 2012, 08:38

Goldie Lookin Pain wrote:hattie i have 4 stinger slims you can have free. they are a bit worn but totally fine and plenty of life left in them, they are the beige ones. will save you some dosh.

I am not at training all this week but i work in town so can give you them at any point then on lunch. xx

8D Wow! Thanks Goldie! :D I can try to co ordinate Adam to meet you as I work in easton, what tone are you usually out and about and where? Xxxxxxxx :D

Goldie Lookin Pain
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 99p
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Goldie Lookin Pain » 25 Jun 2012, 22:28

no worries!

I will pm you my number on fb and adam can text me or summit. i can go whenever, privilege of being team of one! :)

ha ha, no other freebies at the mo... they were just an odd set of 4 that no longer fit with anything else as i skate on the 59mm of jukes or reckless. plus Hattie's a vandal... she needs to save her money for spray paint and hoodies.... :lol:

Hattie Flattener
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hattie Flattener » 25 Jun 2012, 22:55

Thanks Goldie! :D you rule!

Return to “Skates & Gear”