Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Taya Thomas
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 88
Team: ADHD

Importing from USA

Postby Taya Thomas » 03 Jul 2012, 15:54

Hi has anyone bought anything form the states? And if so how much dity/Vat/Tax did you end up paying?

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Importing from USA

Postby da silva surfer » 03 Jul 2012, 18:28

I bought my helmet from the states through amazon.com, import tax was $14 but I recently got refunded £1.50 (they said they overcharged on tax ;))

I normally don't shop on amazon but they do calculate everything for you before you buy so you know how much in £'s your gonna pay. This was through amazon themselves though not a "merchant" as not all people will ship abroad.

X

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Re: Importing from USA

Postby Adele Linquent » 04 Jul 2012, 00:16

I bought my Torq skates from Sin City back in the days and they were £120-odd. I paid £20 VAT when I collected them at the Post Office.
I also bought socks and padded shorts for which I paid like £12 each or something.
Interestingly, when I bought the other pair of padded shorts (same shop, same shorts, same everything) I didn't have to pay anything. When I asked, the Post Office dude said they don't charge for all of them, it's at random.

Hope it helps. :smile:

Del Boy
Padawan
Padawan
Team: Merby

Postby Del Boy » 05 Jul 2012, 01:26

I used to import lots of bike stuff from the usa and found out the the import tax varies significantly from item to item. I'm on my mobile now so its too hard to look, but customs and excise have lists of what you have to pay for which item. Interestingly, I discovered importing components has a much lower tax than importing a full bike. Might be worth checking if the same goes for skates.

- sent from my phony devise type thing

vile_shadow13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 666
Team: BRD A team, DOA

Postby vile_shadow13 » 05 Jul 2012, 23:42

When I bought my pads I paid £35

Return to “Skates & Gear”