Velizeraptor
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 74
Team: ADHD

New set up = can't stop?

Postby Velizeraptor » 14 Jan 2013, 11:31

Hi everyone

I've just swapped from my sure grip rocks to bonts on an invader plate in a sports mount and I'm finding really difficult to plough, which makes me sad as it's my favourite stop :cry: . I used to be super happy on radar tuners 93a but they felt soooo grippy so I went back to the original twisters (95a I think) I got with the sure grips and they were waaaaaay too slippy. I'm not sure whether I just need to take time to relearn how to plough on the tuners or whether I need to look at alternative wheels.

I know it will take some time to get used to any change but I'm impatient :lol: :oops: . I'm not really sure what I'm asking- I guess I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been after changing their set up. Any advice is always gratefully received as I have no idea about anything! :)

Jet Reckless
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 201

Re: New set up = can't stop?

Postby Jet Reckless » 14 Jan 2013, 11:44

I went from the twisters to tuners and had the same problem. It just takes a bit of getting used to, you'll need to apply less pressure than before to make up for the extra grip. Also how are the trucks? Are they too tight? I AM A NOSEY HELPER!

Velizeraptor
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 74
Team: ADHD

Postby Velizeraptor » 15 Jan 2013, 16:58

Thanks Jet :) Be as nosey as you want! :)

I've loosened the trucks a couple of 1/2 turns - I was being quite conservative as I'd read that some people find going to a 45 degree plate a bit too turny at first (if that's even a word) but I think I probably want to loosen them a bit more. I guess I didn't realise that changing your skates might mean you hate the wheels you used to like :). If anyone has any wheel recommendations that'd be awesome :)

Jet Reckless
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 201

Postby Jet Reckless » 15 Jan 2013, 18:41

Did they come with purple cushions? I found them too be much too hard and swapped the barrel one (closet to the plate) for yellows as technically, the proper fitting of trucks and cushions is when the nut is to the end of the thread with just a little poking out, with no gaps between. The turnyness (yes it is a word dammit!) i found to be weird at first but it was more to do with how I was used to shift my weight so I just had to make it more central to accommodate.

<-------+-------> So if this was your balancey range before....
<----+----> Adjust to this!

Apologies for the pseudo-science but that's how it makes sense in my brain :)

Return to “Skates & Gear”