BRD Public Forum
Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Cherry Sour
Youngling
Youngling
Skater Number: 31
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Postby Cherry Sour » 17 Jan 2011, 22:13

I've got a friend coming down from York this weekend, so sadly I won't be there on sunday (and I work in Bath), but if you're there on Wednesday or could give them to Delta on Sunday, that would be fantastic, thanks! X

Goldie Lookin Pain
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 99p
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Goldie Lookin Pain » 17 Jan 2011, 22:43

No worries! i will try and be there weds for gentle skating as my ribs are still sore!

La Bicha i love my atom Juke 2's! i think most of us are skating on atoms now and seem to love them! xx

Chloe Fatale
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: 27

Postby Chloe Fatale » 18 Jan 2011, 11:09

After much debate I have finally bought myself some new skates, so thank you to everyone that I bugged asking for advice.

I've decided to go for the Riedell She-Devils (and have compromised that I will probably get a better plate, similar to the one in the Sure Grip Invaders, as this is apparently better), I just hope they get here quickly so I can practicing :D

I got them from Skate Attack and got lots of lovely advice from Von Bitch, who put up with my questions like a sport.

Yay new skates! Now to master the plow stop! :p

Devine Retribution
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 235
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Devine Retribution » 18 Jan 2011, 11:25

yeay chloe! they make all the difference, some girls have she devils and love them!

Chloe Fatale
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: 27

Postby Chloe Fatale » 18 Jan 2011, 11:29

I cannot wait to get them, i'm going to skate round my house all evening to break them in!

Fiery Temper
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: F1

Postby Fiery Temper » 22 Jan 2011, 14:07

hey all, am going to finally get round to getting new skates and as have narrow feet gonna get the riedell R3's - does anyone have a pair of size 6 or 7 i could try on as not sure which size to get, am usually 6-6.5.

Tess

La Bicha
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 62
Team: Smash Vandals!! The greytest team!

Postby La Bicha » 22 Jan 2011, 16:31

Thanks, Goldie, they sound like just the job. How did you find them at the TBB bout? Were they more slippery than at WWood?

Tess, I´m a size UK5 or 5.5, and got a size 6 for my R3s (you normally add 1 size to the american size). They fit well after a good break in, though it took me longer because I have quite wide feet.

x

Ivy The Terrible
Youngling
Youngling
Skater Number: 84
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Ivy The Terrible » 28 Feb 2011, 18:50

Just to go back to wheels, I've just got a set of Hyper's blue Witch Doctors, and I'm completely in love with them!! I noticed the difference immediatly, and if anything, the extra grip gives me the confidence to go faster - they're slightly cheaper than other brands too!

http://www.skateattack.co.uk/hyper-quad-wheels-witch-doctor-62mm-pack-p-2015.html

Also, if there's anyone about to join the new Fresh Meat intake and needs some cheap skates fast, we're selling vintage skates at Uncle Sam's on Park St! They won't see you breaking any land speed records, but if you just want a pair to practice in or you don't want to ruin your indoor wheels, or even if you just want to harvest the parts, they're £18 a pair!

Return to “Skates & Gear”