I started off with the Roller Derby Vipers (approx £50) but have since upgraded to Riedell Vandal 265.
- ot them from Skateattack.co.uk with a 10% derby discount for £202 (postage free) but have just looked on their website and I can't see my skates anymore! (Possibly they have discontinued them?) They were selling them for £225 and said they RRP at £300.
- I'm a uk size 5 (23cm long) but I got the Vandals in a size 4. I do have a little bit of room at the front, not much, but enough. The shop assistant measured the size 5s and thought I would have a bit too much room.
- Quite narrow fit by the arch of the foot but for a girl I have quite wide feet and they feel comfy to me. No blisters yet!
- The trucks are pertty close together (unlike my Roller Derby Vipers) meaning I can get more of my weight through the ball of my foot rather than onto my heal - this has been useful for one foot glides/balance.
- A note about wheels: these skates come with Tuner wheels and I thought I was getting the blue ones (like the picture showed) but I was sent red ones. It's worth checking when you order what wheels they actually have with them as the colours on these Tuner wheels determine the type of firmness. My red ones are 'grip' but still feel pretty quick compared with old skates.
- They came with round toe stops but only because the shop decided this would be better (I didn't request them) and usually they come with square stops. So check this too if you buy these!!
Love the way they look too. Have only skated on them a handful of times but I love them so far. Hope this is useful :)