3rd Sept- Ticket/spectator information (Public thread)

Announcements / Events / News
Forum rules
BRD Public Forum
Announcements / Events / News
Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: 26
Team: Daughters of Anarchy/ Harbour Harlots

3rd Sept- Ticket/spectator information (Public thread)

Postby Katie Clysmic » 22 Aug 2011, 09:49

The closed bout on the 3rd of Sept, at Thornbury sports centre, will not be strictly a closed bout, as we are going to be selling tickets to friends and family.

It wont be a big production like our open bouts, but spectators will get to watch two bouts, so we will be charging £3 per person (under 10's are free), to try to cover the cost of the hall.

While the hall is a pretty big, its not huge, so I can't promise loads of seating, but the sports centre will provide us with some chairs around the edge of the floor.

We plan to just sell tickets on the door, not in advance. We wont be allowing spectators into the hall until 1:30pm (I'm hoping we will start the first bout just after 2pm).

KCx

Adele Linquent
Yoda
Yoda
Skater Number: 0o
Team: Daughters Of Anarchy and Harlots

Re: 3rd Sept- Ticket/spectator information

Postby Adele Linquent » 22 Aug 2011, 09:56

How many spectators max?

Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Katie Clysmic » 22 Aug 2011, 10:04

I asked Thornbury for max. capacity and they bascially don't have one! They just asked how many people were actually skating at a time but didn't seem to mind how many we sat round the edge. I think the max. capacity is 800 for the building, which includes all three sports halls and the swimming pool.

I think we have to use our judgement when we see how much space we have, as obviously there will be 4 teams, plus officials. We need about 70 spectators if we want to break even and not have to pay out ourselves, and I think that would be a realistic max. Obviously door people will have to keep count so we can keep a check on it.

Yarn Bomber
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: B-52
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Yarn Bomber » 26 Aug 2011, 00:05

Which hall is it KC?

The bowls hall we use on Tuesdays can't seat many round the edge, esp as you have to fit in 4 teams & kit etc as well. But the other bigger bowls hall has upper seating on a viewing balcony and much more space around the edge, so I'm guessing you mean that one?
Its amazing what you can fit into that hall, I've seen a huge knitting show with loads of stalls in it & visitors, a mobile cafe with tables etc and it still wasn't crowded.

And it goes without saying... I'll be there to see you all! (V.V.V excited!) :D

Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Katie Clysmic » 26 Aug 2011, 08:05

Its the Tuesday one, you mean they have a bigger one?? Thats why we are a bit limited with spectators as we can only have seating along the window side and the gym side. I then figure there should be space for a bit of suicide seating as there's an extra 5 m on top of the safety zone on the side, and much more on the length, so fingers crossed there should be enough space.

Mr Incredibrawl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 183
Team: Team Zebra and Vice Quad

Postby Mr Incredibrawl » 26 Aug 2011, 08:07

Where's the other bowls hall then? I've seen the one that the Tuesday skaters like, didn't realise there was another one. Presumably there are going to be signs up and the like?

Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan

Re: 3rd Sept- Ticket/spectator information (Public thread)

Postby Katie Clysmic » 26 Aug 2011, 08:57

I've just had a look on their floor plan, and they have another hall which is longer with a viewing balcony, but its a bit too narrow, we wouldn't get the safety margins in, not sure if Bomber means that one. I wasn't planning on putting signs on the road, the sports centre is pretty easy to find anyway, but I'll put a few signs up in the venue so people can find us, cause as you know there's multiple halls and the bowls hall is tucked round the back, and not the easiest to find.

Yarn Bomber
Padawan
Padawan
Skater Number: B-52
Team: Project Mayhem

Postby Yarn Bomber » 27 Aug 2011, 00:44

Yep, thats the other one, next to the Tuesday one. It is narrower, but a much bigger room for spectators as it was built for that purpose (it held international bowls contests or something).

Seeing as its narrower, it wouldbe better to stick with the wider 'Tuesday' one, especially with the raised edges!!

tattooed-terror
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 13
Team: 9 month injury

Postby tattooed-terror » 29 Aug 2011, 21:22

How does the ticket selling work? do our friends just turn up?

Terror x x

Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Katie Clysmic » 30 Aug 2011, 10:25

Yep, they just turn up and we will just be selling tickets on the door.x

Frau POW!
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 28
Team: Smash Vandals, Harbour Harlots

Postby Frau POW! » 30 Aug 2011, 13:55

Is it ok to mention the bout and who we're playing on facebook, to help get a few spectators? I seem to remember something about a previous bout where it all had to be top-secret. Is that the case for this bout?

the Blizzard
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 54
Team: Women's A, Smash Vandals

Postby the Blizzard » 30 Aug 2011, 15:21

This thread is public by the way. To the whole world.

Katie Clysmic
Padawan
Padawan

Postby Katie Clysmic » 30 Aug 2011, 15:37

There's nothing to stop us mentioning it on FB, as we are not being secret about it. As Blizz says this is in the public forum and its here on purpose so people can find out about it if they are keen to come along. My only concern if we publicise it too much is that we will have to turn people away as the hall isn't massive. Perhaps we can set up a thread in the private section so that people can let us know if they are bringing people/ and how many, so give us a rough idea of numbers?

Return to “What's On”