Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
tessrobs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: T355
Team: Harbour Harlots A & SV

Where to buy cushions/bushings

Postby tessrobs » 05 Apr 2012, 17:06

I made the decision to buy new cushions for my skates and decided that I wanted the orange powerdyne magic cushions. HOWEVER,

my problem was that I couldn't find them for a decent price! I didn't really want to compromise and go with the sure-grip super cushions even though they were a lot cheaper. The only place I could find them was Skate Attack where they were £14.99 + £7.15 (p+p) which seems incredibly excessive for what you're actually getting. I couldn't find any on ebay or any on any other UK derby suppliers. I was trawling the LRG forum, to see if there was any news, anything interesting, or anything good for sale. When someone reccommended this irish site for gear: http://shop.wreckless.ie/index.php

And I was happy to find the powerdyne magic cushions for pretty much the same price (after I'd converted it from euros). BUT the p+p, even though it's technically international shipping, was only €1.50! So the total order came to €19.50 which was just over £16. Excellent! Anyone else who stubbornly doesn't want any sure-grip products to touch their riedells - go there! :mrgreen:

Chick Dastardly
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 301 (was g33k)
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Re: Where to buy cushions/bushings

Postby Chick Dastardly » 05 Apr 2012, 17:10

Goldie has those I think... maybe ping her a msg

Jet Reckless
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 201

Postby Jet Reckless » 05 Apr 2012, 17:12

I'm pretty sure the Suregrip ones are identical to the riedell magic cushions, it's just marketing ploy I tell you! I have the suregrip ones, and remember they are just bits of plastic!

tessrobs
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: T355
Team: Harbour Harlots A & SV

Postby tessrobs » 05 Apr 2012, 19:40

Suregrip didn't do the hardness I wanted either :( but ohs well. I'm happy with my purchase! Haha.

Tequila Jammer
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Skater Number: 55abv
Team: Smash Vandals

Postby Tequila Jammer » 06 Apr 2012, 11:42

Everglides sells em, and free shipping and derby girl discount too, that's where I got my orange magic bushings :)

Return to “Skates & Gear”