Where to buy / What to buy / Wheels / Protective gear
Pain by Numbers
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 123
Team: Daughters of Anarchy

Is my mouthguard moulded too tight?

Postby Pain by Numbers » 24 Feb 2015, 13:23

I've had a sisu mouthguard for a couple of years now and the fit is nice and snug and feels comfortable while I'm wearing it.
But after a 2 hour training session my teeth always feel a bit tight afterwards.. kind of like when you've had a french braid in your hair all day and then it feels a bit tight and stiff when you take it out (I can't think of anything else to compare it to ;) )

Do other people get this? Is it normal?

da silva surfer
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
Skater Number: 48
Team: Cheering Squad

Re: Is my mouthguard moulded too tight?

Postby da silva surfer » 24 Feb 2015, 13:32

I had that before with my mouthguard, it felt like my teeth had to move back into position after wearing it.

Mine was too tight cause in the moulding process I was sucking on it to much (this sounds awful haha). Anyway, when I mould mine now I make sure its not as tight but still snug enough and I've not felt any pressure on my teeth since (and it still feels safe). If you put your current one briefly in hot water you can adjust it a little :) x

HardNSharpe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Skater Number: 161
Team: Bristol Roller Derby A Team & Co-Ed Allstars

Re: Is my mouthguard moulded too tight?

Postby HardNSharpe » 24 Feb 2015, 17:23

I have a cup of tea, or any hot drink, with my mouthguard in every now and then to loosen it a bit. I think the plastic folds in a little over time so I feel it getting a little tighter after a while

Return to “Skates & Gear”